Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jaws

The thing about movie sets is that they can seem large when you shoot at various locations but some of the more important places where the action takes place can be really small; all about effective use of camera angles and shots to create and bring to life the creative imagination of the director I guess. One of the favourites of mine on the Universal Studios tour was the Jaws set, but my timing was off for some of the photography where I've missed the shark snapping at our tour shuttle and only gotten the tale. The one that got away in a manner of photographic and maybe fisherman senses. I was feeling a little sore about that but the fantastic colour and distortion effect of the explosion and fire using natural gas is one of my favourites since all the colours are bright but the silhouette of the oil drums and stuff on the deck gives it that unnatural industrious mood to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment